Peritoneal fluid; Synovial fluid; Bursa fluid; Joint fluid; Pleural fluid; Ascitic/ Ascites fluid; Pericardial fluid
- Aspirate specimens should arrive in the laboratory in sterile, properly sealed and labelled containers.
- Syringe samples should arrive with the needle removed and syringe capped.
- Process ASAP
- Check test required - Confirm with Microbiology/Cytology
- Urgent aspirates are tested at each of the Micro STAT labs (Rotorua, Whakatane, Taupo)
- Routine aspirates samples all send to PLBOP