CSF (Special tubes required)
- At local hospital after CSF collection immediately hand deliver all tubes on dry ice (tubes 1 to 5) to the lab. Tubes should then be immediately frozen at -80C (or -40C if -80C not available).
- When convenient the samples must be shipped on DRY ICE to LabPlus.
- Please notify Biochemical Genetics with the parcel details Ph 09 307 4949 ext 22016.
- The specimen must remain frozen at all time and arrive 0800-1700 Mon-Fri at LabPlus Biochemical Genetics.
- NOTE: FROZEN BIOBOTTLES ARE UNSUITABLE for shipping.
- Biochemical Genetics will do lactate on tube 1, amino acids on tube 2, and tubes 3-5 are sent to NSW for other neurotransmitter tests.
External Lab Website